Klaussner cares as much about what goes into the making of our products as you do. All Klaussner domestic foams used in upholstered furniture are tested by independent laboratories and certified through the CertiPUR-US® foam certification program.
This voluntary testing, analysis and certification program was developed by a not-for-profit organization and tests foams for content, durability and emissions.
CertiPUR-US® approved foams are:
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Made without ozone depleters (no CFCs)
- Made without mercury, lead or heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without methylene chloride
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants
- Durability and performance tested
Visit certipur.us for more information.
CertiPUR-US® is a registered certification mark of the Alliance for Flexible Polyurethane Foam, Inc.